November 01, 2020

Love is Love



 

LGBTQ+ community basically stands for lesbians, gays, bisexuals, transgender, queer, and. These communities generally celebrate pride, diversity, individuality, and sexuality. Not all people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender consider themselves part of the LGBTQ community.

LGBT activists and sociologists see LGBT community-building as a counterweight to heterosexism, homophobia, biphobia, transphobia, sexualism, and conformist pressures that exist in the larger society. The term pride or sometimes gay pride expresses the LGBT community's identity and collective strength; pride parades provide both a prime example of the use and a demonstration of the general meaning of the term.



LGBTQ history dates back to the first recorded instances of same-sex love and sexuality of ancient civilizations, involving the history of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) peoples and cultures around the world. What survives after many centuries of persecution—resulting in shame, suppression, and secrecy—has only in more recent decades been pursued and interwoven into more mainstream historical narratives.

As a community, LGBTQ people face higher rates of poverty, stigma, and marginalization, which puts them at greater risk for sexual assault. They also face higher rates of hate-motivated violence, which can often take the form of sexual assault. Moreover, how society both hypersexualizes LGBTQ people and stigmatizes their relationships can lead to intimate partner violence that stems from internalized homophobia and shame. Within the LGBTQ community, transgender people and bisexual women face the most alarming rates of sexual violence. 


 


In the last decade alone, many of the issues like marriage equality, same-sex adoption, and the right for transgender people to use the bathroom of their choice have had their day in court and successfully made advancements for the rights of LGBTQ people.

The time is changing. The world is becoming more welcoming. 377 being expelled in India is proof that we are ready for a new world with a colorful heart.
Let's understand how mundane it is to love the same gender and let's start appreciating people just the way they are. The uniqueness in our existence is what makes our mankind this alluring. 



They are people, we are people.
"I am gay" should become normal and acceptable because love is Hella's love.

 

LGBT.
You may have never heard of this acronym before,
Or maybe you associate it with liberals or Obama,
Or hippies.
LGBT stands for:
Lesbian:
I was approached by a straight man
At a gay bar, who asked me if
I wanted to 'have a good time'.
I told him no.
I could see something in his eyes
Flicker, and he asked me why
I told him I only liked women
In that regard
He stood up angrily,
And told me that I was an
Ugly due anyway.

LGBT stands for
Gay:
I was holding hands with
My boyfriend while
We were walking in the park.
We watched an older woman
Walk up to us and say,
"You're going to hell."
I said, "I'll see you there,"
She glared at me before
Storming off in a rage,
mumbling, "Disgusting fg."
On her way.

LGBT stands for
Bisexual:
I came out to my family today.
My cousin said,
"You're just confused."
My father said,
"Don't you dare walk-in
My house with a f*ggot."
My mother said,
"Pick aside."
My supposed "friends" said,
"You're just desperate and greedy."
I've been dating an amazing person
That I can never share if I want to
Stay on good terms with "family".

LGBT stands for
Transgender:
I bound my chest today
With Ace bandages even though
I know it's extremely unsafe
Because I didn't want to be
Seen as a girl again.
I finally cut my own hair
And when I told my mom why
She told me,
"Leave before your father gets home."
I am sleeping on my friend's couch tonight
Because my parents couldn't accept me
As their son.

You might associate the acronym LGBT
With liberals.
Liberals that don't use their religion as an
Excuse when they're really just scared.
Or Obama who said, "No one in America
Should be scared to walk down the street
Holding the hand of the person they love."
Or hippies who refuse to conform to
Heteronormativity, because it only matters
That you love, the who or when or where or why or
How
Doesn't matter nearly as much.
People are more than their secondary *
Characteristics.
"Love thy neighbor as thyself", right?

You Might Also Like

0 Comments